April Showers Bring May Flowers AND the Time to Pressure Wash Your Home
April is the month for real spring weather and for flowering trees and plants. It’s also a great time to get the house and yard in shape, so you have time for all the great outdoor activities. Whether you like hiking, fishing, camping or just relaxing on the porch, now is the time to get the work done.
The professional pressure washing techs at Camelot Pressure Washing in Charlotte, NC can’t help with weeding the flower beds or planting the vegetable gardens, but they can help in other ways. Their cleaning experts can pressure wash your siding, sidewalks, fences, decks and more. They can also clean the gutters and even install gutter protection. Making sure your gutters are clear is especially important with the spring rains soon to follow.
Call us (704-400-0623) in Charlotte, NC to schedule one of our highly-trained techs. And, while you’re deciding what date works best for you, enjoy reading about the first full month of spring.
- April is the most popular month for planting and spring cleaning.
- In the Southern Hemisphere, April is the same as October in the Northern Hemisphere.
- The diamond of April — the birthstone — symbolizes innocence.
- The Boston Marathon race is held every April.This year it is Monday, April 15th.
- April 15th is also the deadline for filing taxes in the United States.
- In Ancient Rome, the month of April was sacred to the goddess Venus.
- The Japanese fiscal year for most businesses starts on April 1st (no fooling!).
- In England there are many cuckoo festivals. The arrival of the cuckoo bird in April is a signal that spring has arrived.
- April is the first full month of the professional baseball season in the U.S.
- In the initial Roman calendar, April was the second month of the year. January and February were added in 700 BC. It is thought that the name April comes from the Latin word “to open,” describing the trees opening in spring.
- The April flowers are the Daisy and the Sweet Pea.
- April has several special days and week-long and month-long celebrations. These include: April Fools’ Day; Autism Awareness Day; Easter; Earth Day; Arbor Day; National Poetry Month; American Heritage Month; Teacher Appreciation Week; Jazz Appreciation Month; Alcohol Awareness Month; Cancer Control Month.
- CAROL BURNETT: APRIL 26, 1933
- WASHINGTON IRVING: APRIL 3, 1783
- MAYA ANGELOU: APRIL 4, 1928
- WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE: APRIL 23, 1564
- BOOKER T. WASHINGTON: APRIL 5, 1856
- BILLIE HOLIDAY: APRIL 7, 1915
- CHARLIE CHAPLIN: APRIL 16, 1889
- THOMAS JEFFERSON: APRIL 13, 1743
- MELANIE TRUMP: APRIL 26, 1970
- LEONARDO Da VINCI: APRIL 15, 1452
- ELLA FITZGERALD: APRIL 25, 1917
- To read more April birthdays, click here.
To schedule a pressure washing appointment, call our Harrisburg, NC office at 704.400.0623.
Our techs are licensed and insured to work on residential and commercial properties throughout the greater Charlotte area, including our other two MAIN service areas of Concord and Harrisburg in North Carolina. In Mecklenburg County, our techs pressure wash in Charlotte, Cornelius, Davidson, Huntersville, Matthews, Mint Hill and Pineville. We work in Cabarrus County, in Concord, Harrisburg, Kannapolis, Midland and Mount Pleasant. In Union County, we travel to Indian Trail, Marshville, Marvin, Matthews, Monroe, Stallings and Waxhaw.
In addition to house washing, our techs are skilled at removing graffiti, installing gutter protection and cleaning commercial buildings. Click here to read more about Camelot Pressure Washing in Harrisburg, NC.